Monday, September 21, 2009

Biiill of Rightts (:

What are the Bill of Rights?
The Bill of Rights are a statement of fundamental rights and privileges, basically the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution.

Which 3 of the 10 are most important to you and why?
1. Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition , 2. Right to keep and bear arms , and 5. Provisons concerning prosecution . The reason why I picked these is because they make me feel secure .

3. How have our rights changed over the past 200 years?
War has changed in a couple of primary ways in the last 200 years. In previous times wars were fought primarily by nation states against nation states. Today, third party actors or failed state actors wage conflict. The other major change is technology. Lethality, accuracy and communication have change the face of conflict as never before.

4. What rights are missing from the Bill of Rights? What would you add and why?
Congress passed a 12-amendment Bill of Rights drafted by James Madison, I don't think I would add anything.

5. Are there rights that we don't need or that you don't agree with? Which would you take away and why?
I wouldn't take away anything, and I don't know if I agree with everyone of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment